Breast cancer funding... who thinks about survivors?





Video chats with Nic? Maybe...


I've been thinking about  doing regular youtube videos for the blog. For me, it is a chance to branch out into a different type of media and also a way for me to connect with folks who may not want to read a long post but would be willing to watch a video.

My goal is to keep them around 10 minutes or less... but I can tell you now, occasionally they may go longer than that. Depends on the topic. To that end, below is a video I made the other day and I'm chatting about the money in the breast cancer community.

I think that fundraising in the breast cancer community is missing one group: Survivors


We raise money for research. We raise money for a cure. We raise money to help women get access to testing and treatment. But once a woman is diagnosed and treated for breast cancer, she's thrown back into the world with fragile (or broken) finances, a body that isn't the same and often bears a lot of side effects and problems that make life more challenging... and no resources.

I don't want to stop looking for a cure or to help people get mammograms or transportation/access to medical services. But I wish we could see a movement happen that helps out people who are struggling financially thanks to breast cancer.

After watching the video... let me know what you think below. Some of the comments I received on the facebook page were really insightful.





Thanks for watching... please share your comments and thoughts below. And if you liked this post, please share it widely.

Nic



Web Statistics