Figuring out what to do with leftover turkey


I need ideas and suggestions for leftover turkey dishes.

This Christmas I cooked the holiday dinner for my parents and my boyfriend. Nobody got sick or anything... so I guess it turned out alright. However, now I have a ton of leftover turkey. For the past couple of days, I've wanted NOTHING with turkey in it. But, now that a few days have passed, I'm ready to venture into the kitchen again and see what I can figure out.



I'm not much of a cook. Well... that's not the total truth. I cook just fine. I just don't really enjoy it the way many others do.

I love to eat. I like watching cooking shows and looking through (and collecting) cookbooks. But actually standing in the kitchen?

Meh. I can pass on that.

But... since I'm greedy resourceful... I've been thinking of different ways to use up the remaining portions of this giant turkey I roasted the other day. In the past, when I cooked more often and enjoyed it more... I would use leftover turkey or chicken and create a pot pie or a big pot of soup. Usually either one of those dishes, paired with a nice salad would be enough to bring me joy. But I want to do those... and then some other ones too.

Off the top of my head... these are the simple dishes I want to create:

  • grilled cheese sandwich with turkey and cranberry sauce
  • turkey and wild rice soup
  • turkey pot pie (this is the BEST way to use leftover turkey to me)
  • turkey enchiladas 
I scrolled through pinterest for some recipe ideas and came across quite a few that seem great!You can follow my "Leftover Turkey Recipes" board for even more ideas.

I'm hanging at the boyfriend's this weekend, so I'll be sure to use my new Panhandler bag to transport whatever I come up with.

Share with me your tips for using leftover turkey after the holidays. I need some help. I'm going to be eating turkey well into the new year. 














let's connect-brown

(where we discuss the breast cancer life)
(where I discuss any and everything!)
(be inspired, laugh a little, follow my crazy life)

Web Statistics