Give yourself a lymphatic massage

Self Lymphatic Massage | My Fabulous Boobies


When I was in physical therapy for my lymphedema,  I wasn't taught how to self-massage to move the lymph that collected in my arm back towards the trunk of my body. In fact, I didn't know that it was something I could do on my own until I had a conversation with another survivor some time ago.

After a bit of searching online, I discovered these wonderful instruction videos.

However, I haven't been good about actually doing the massage regularly. I plan to work on that because my arm needs to be smaller and I don't want the pooling of lymph fluid to start to break down my skin or my muscles.

The first time I went to physical therapy, I started to feel a draining in my sinuses when she did the facial massage. I thought it was weird and woo-woo... But she let me know that it was normal and meant that the fluid was moving as it should.

The surprising thing about lymphatic massage is that it is a very light and gentle touch. Not at all what I think of when I think of massage. But, it does work. So, I'm sharing these two videos so that others can see how the lymphatic massage works for your arm. And also how to massage your face to open up your sinuses, if you have that problem (congestion in your face/nose).

Anyone can do these massages... but they are extremely helpful for those of us who suffer from lymphedema.  (Along with consistent use of your compression garments)


Self Lymphatic Massage for the Arm









How to drain your head (good for congestion, allergies, etc.)







Web Statistics