Forever young...

I think a lot about what life would have been like if I'd never gotten breast cancer. If I had stuck with that guy I was dating... if I had kept that job.. Or if I had moved to that country. You know... the what ifs.

But then I look at my life and realize that I have a peace now that I've never really experienced before. And a relationship that makes me happy in a way that I can't say I've experienced before. All that I've been through brought me to this moment.

You've got to love that.

I'm a big Jay Z fan... and I have become a Beyonce fan over the past couple of years. I guess since she's become a mother. Her love for her husband and her child... and her life... is palpable. Jay Z (love that dude) found a match with her that I'm not even sure that he thought was possible before. I relate to that feeling so very strongly.

This clip from their HBO special shows highlights of their life. I love seeing happy couples and families. These two are happy together. And it is a beautiful thing to witness.

I am reminded that no matter how hard it gets some days... and how hard my cancer experience was... all things conspired to bring me to this moment. I won't be forever young, but while I'm here I get to experience this and relish the beauty in my life right now.

That makes it worthwhile.




Web Statistics