15 Best Breast Cancer Blogs


My 15 Favorite Breast Cancer Blogs


I've been blogging about breast cancer for a number of years now. Along the way, I've made a lot of great connections with other breast cancer bloggers who, like me, write from their personal experience with breast cancer. I want to share with you my top 15 best breast cancer blogs.

These survivors and co-survivors have chronicled their lives publicly with poignant detail. The stories are informative and breath-taking. My goal in sharing this list is to show the humanity of breast cancer. Many people are mesmerized by the pink ribbon. We are often exalted as pillars of strength and inspiration. While we can be that (both strong and inspiring) we are, most of all, human. We are frail. We may be weak. We are often overwhelmed with treatments, medications, side effects and the emotional enormity of the diagnosis. We are people fighting for another chance at life.

Although I have yet to find another blogger just like me (single/unmarried, childless and black*) I am blessed and lucky to be connected with such awesome people. I am fortunate enough to have met some of these amazing bloggers and I consider them my friends. There are other friends that I haven't met in person, but we've bonded and I feel connected to them just the same. The great thing about following these various stories is that it gives me so much information that I wouldn't otherwise know about. Every diagnosis is different and every patient's journey is different. I learn a lot about breast cancer from their stories.



At any rate, please take a look at my list. No... really click on the links and look at the blogs. If you like them, be sure to leave a comment for the blogger. Bloggers like comments. *ahem, ahem*

15 best breast cancer blogs (in no particular order)

  1. Journeying Beyond Breast Cancer
  2. Breast Cancer? But doctor... I hate pink!
  3. City Girl blog
  4. ChemoBabe!
  5. Let Life Happen
  6. Bumpy Boobs
  7. Feisty Blue Gecko
  8. Graceful Woman Warrior
  9. The Fight We Didn't Choose - My Wife's Fight with Breast Cancer
  10. Lisa Bonchek Adams blog
  11. I Have Breast Cancer blog
  12. Chemobrain In The Fog
  13. Afro Chemo
  14. Tales of a 3 Time Cancer Warrior
  15. Dancing With Cancer: Living with Mets, the new normal
  16. My Fabulous Boobies (of course I had to list this one)

*There is a major disparity in the mortality rates for black American women compared to white American women. We do not get breast cancer at the same rate as our white sisters, but we are more likely to die from the disease. That difference is why it is important for me to keep blogging and to continue to raise awareness. My sisters are dying and I want to keep my face out there so that the sisters who come behind me, see that they are not alone. You can learn more about this issue here: http://www.blackwomenshealth.org/issues-and-resources/black-women-and-breast-cancer/

If you know any other breast cancer bloggers leave their link in the comments. Or just comment and say hey. I like heys...







Web Statistics