Pink breast cancer Uggs? Why yes...please.





Christmas is coming! 


I have very little "Christmas spirit" (as it relates to wanting to buy gifts and put up decorations, etc.) this year. I just ... yeah, I am not feeling it right now. Christmas is less than two weeks away so I've got to get some "spirit" and soon!

*I got some egg nog from the liquor store yesterday, so perhaps that will help me on my quest...*

This winter weather is crazy. It is C-O-L-D! I mean, it is freaking artic cold out there. So cold in fact, that I've been ranting on facebook about how I need to rethink my disinterest in Uggs. You know those crazy looking shepherd-ish boots that everybody between 2 years old and 82 is wearing these days.

http://amzn.to/1NhkP2N
You can't get these exact pink uggs - they were limited edition - but these (at the link)
are really cute and also breast cancer awareness.


*Whispers... I think Uggs are Ugly!*


I find them unbelievably not that cute. Okay. I've heard for years and years from my friends how comfortable and warm they are. I have watched my friends gush and swoon over new styles and colors and all that jazz... forever. And I just simply RE-fused to get on the Uggs bandwagon. I like cute shoes. I like sexy heels. I love a shoe that just screams out... MAKE LOVE TO ME CUZ I'M SOOOO DAMN SEXY!

Something like this... makes my heart skip beats.


Who doesn't love a black sequined Louboutin stiletto?! 

*oh, your shoes don't talk to you? hm... sips more egg nog... chile, I suggest you sit down and talk to your shoe collection and learn the language. *

So, I just wasn't falling over myself to get some boots that look like Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty probably rocked to the stone quarry.


Looks like they're having a good time though!
http://amzn.to/1ETJzwI 


They don't scream sexy to me. To me. Please don't stone me because I said it. But I went outside last night and uh...

I changed my mind!  Do y'all understand that it is effing cold? My ankles are cold. I am in need of warmth and comfort, damn cute. Seriously. Damn all that. I went to the UGG website and lo and behold! They have pink breast cancer edition Uggs.

You know I want them right? Like, I want them right now... so I can throw them on with some tight jeans and a thick sweater while I sip more egg nog with my boo.

Normally, I loathe most things marketed as breast cancer related. Uh, loathe is pretty harsh. I don't hate all things breast cancer. I just don't particularly care for some of the marketing shenanigans that come with them. I believe that I can't cure breast cancer by purchasing some fruit wrapped in a pink bow. To me, that's rather silly. But the pinkwashing of everything is a conversation for a different day. Today is about the pink ribbon Uggs... These joints are so cute! Yep. I have decided that they are worth the $180 investment. I know that I can only get them online which means I probably won't get them until after Christmas... but I want them. I do.

And I think, just like that... I've gotten a little bit of Christmas shopping spirit. In case anybody was feeling a little Christmas spirit-y too... and wanted to gift their favorite breast cancer blogger with a pair. I need a size 10 mmkay? Thanks. :)


What about you? What is on your Christmas list this year?



*Update September 2015: The breast cancer awareness Uggs mentioned in this article are no longer available. (guess that's what limited edition means, huh?) But below are a couple of other Uggs that are also breast cancer awareness. If that matters to you and you still want some Uggs, grab these instead. Also, those Louboutins are no longer available either. Well, I suppose you could try to commission a handmade pair... but I shudder to think of the cost for that. I've listed a couple of copycat versions below... just in case you just have to have some beautiful black sequined stiletto pumps.*











Web Statistics