It's Pinktober!!

Okay... here we go again!  Its Pinktober... also known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Since my diagnosis, October has presented some emotional challenges for me. I seem to alternate between joy that I'm a survivor and sadness for the friends and family I've lost because we still don't have a cure. In the final days of September this year, I was extremely sad and somewhat despondent (at times) because I was just remembering the pain of what I'd been through. And I was ... I don't know... angry? sad? disappointed? All of that and then some other stuff I can't describe. Just a ball of emotions. *shrug* It happens.

A few weeks ago, I created a picture collage of me with one of my best friends who also battled breast cancer this year. [Breast cancer among friends]  I was looking at this picture of us and I just choked up. But the silver lining is that we are both doing well. And for that I am truly grateful. :)

There are lots of ways to support the cause, lots of ways to celebrate survivors and pay homage to those we have lost. I have a few things planned (I'll tell you about them as the month goes along). But what about you? How will you spend this Pinktober?



Web Statistics