Hair chronicles: Its time to dye again... what to do?



A couple of weeks ago, I took a plunge on the wild side and decided to dye my super-short hair red. It took a day or two for me to get used to the color but I like it. Well, I likeD it. Now, its looking more brown than truly red...and I know that I need to re-dye my hair.

And that presents a dilemma. Because I was a rebel the first time, but I don't intend to continue to be a rebel just to be vain. I used a dye that is typically found at beauty supply stores and convenience stores like CVS. I loved the color... especially after I had my hair cut. But, the chemicals used in this product simply are too harsh for me to use.

I suppose that I will need to jump into the land of henna dye and pray that I can get results that I like as much. I never was much of a dyed hair kind of girl before... but I need a kick to my look and this was a great move.

Compromised, delicate skin and hair... what you're left with after chemotherapy and radiation treatments for cancer... requires treatment that doesn't irritate it, and doesn't put more potential toxins in your body (remember that the skin is the body's largest organ). My girls recommended a brand of natural hair color to try. But I couldn't find any in a color I prefered when I was looking for color the other week. I will start searching to see if I can find something that works for me.

I've gotten used to this sassy new me and I'm not ready to give it up just yet.

Web Statistics