Drink more water... its good for you





My gracious... it has been one HOT summer in Washington, DC this year. Note to the wise:  hot flashes do not stop in the summer. (laughs)  Of course since my treatment, I've been battling hot flashes and night sweats. And let me tell you... whew lawd... they are not FUN at all. I keep a fan going at all times. Without it, I am a moist mess (and not in a good way).

But I recently realized that I was slipping in one area and the change has been almost miraculous. What did I do?

DRINK MORE WATER.

Okay, I'll be honest... I have struggled most of my life with drinking enough water. I think I'm far from unusual in this regard. And even though I've read plenty of articles about drinking enough water -- and have heard many medical practitioners tell me the same -- I still struggle with drinking enough water. Madness, I tell you.

I started experiencing a few symptoms that led me to believe that I was slightly dehydrated. I remembered what happened in the past when I was dehydrated and I ended up in the hospital strapped to an IV -- so I did what I  needed to do.

DRINK MORE WATER.

Guess what happened after just a day or so?? Everything shifted back to my new normal. My constipation eased up. My perspiration resumed (a good thing when the temperatures are hovering around 90+) and the night leg cramps stopped immediately. My head stopped hurting. Even my skin started looking a bit better and less dry. I also started drinking Gatorade too and having a daily banana.  I figured that my potassium was a little low as well -- the leg cramps were a clear sign -- so rather than run to the doctor for another prescription and more pills, I decided to try the easy solution first. I'm happy that it helped.  My back pain and spasms eased up a bit too.

My gracious... water is a wonder.  I feel really great now.

Web Statistics