God answers prayers and questions...



I was sitting around feeling sorry for myself a few months ago. I was honestly wondering whether I could go on.  It was one of those periods where I felt really low, really along and I wondered where I took a wrong path and ended up on the wrong path. While I was preparing for a new blog post, I start wandering around "Blogger" and looking at other people's blogs. I guess I was hoping for a little inspiration. Interestingly enough... I only read two blogs and it was just enough to shake me up and wake me up.

You never know how your life gives someone else's life meaning. Even if its someone you don't even know. When I was preparing to do my taxes a few weeks ago, I whispered a wish to God that I would be so blessed one day that I could put down as my occupation... "philanthropist". I don't live the life that I dreamed about as a kid. I live a very good life, to be sure but this isn't the life that I dreamed of when I was a little girl. But I've always felt that being a philanthropist has to be a life that is just joyous beyond measure. To be blessed enough to give is to be mighty blessed indeed.

I whispered my wish and then promptly forgot about it. A few weeks later a friend came to me with the idea of starting a non-profit. Now, it wasn't the first time that someone had come to me with the idea or the request but it was the first time that it felt right to say yes. My friend and I promptly started educating ourselves about how to start a non-profit. We talked to friends, we have read books, done research on the internet... and while the task is daunting, I am totally plugged in. For once in a very long time... I feel purposeful when I wake up every day.

We have a long way to go but I am so very excited. I only hope that my philanthropic efforts will be well received in the world. It is a blessing to be a blessing.

Web Statistics