The first of (suspected) many complaints about my compression sleeve

Deep, deep sigh. I friggin' HATE this doggone compression sleeve. I have heard from other lymphedema sufferers that they don't particularly mind wearing their sleeves. I've been a pretty good sport about a lot of things on this journey with breast cancer but this sleeve irks me like nobody's damn business. Ugh.

I broke down and purchased this sleeve at the end of August. I was travelling to Atlanta the first weekend in September and I knew that the flight would cause me all sorts of problems. So, I went online (that's where I live) and found a sleeve that I figured would work.

The pros:
  • ordering the sleeve was easy enough.
  • the product that I chose seemed to be from a really great company with a heart for women struggling with lymphedema after breast cancer surgery
  • I received the sleeve quickly -- it took me forever to make the decision to purchase so I had to expedite shipping in order to receive it before I left on my trip.
  • the company who manufactured the product (lymphedivas) packaged everything really nice. Made me quite excited to use the sleeve when I received it.
  • the customer service representative at lymphedivas was extra helpful when I needed some help/answers.
The cons:
  • I picked the most horrible color imaginable -- its this medicinal looking putrid beige-ish color. Ick.
  • the cost was a bit prohibitive to me. I think the sleeve and gauntlet (sleeve for your hand) cost me about $110 or so. 
  • the sleeve started unravelling after about 6 weeks of use. I thought that was ridiculous. I will have lymphedema (most likely) for the rest of my life. A $110 habit every couple of months is OUT-FREAKING-RAGEOUS.
  • I learned from talking to the customer service rep that sleeves are expected to last about 6 months. That's it. Six whole months. And... they suggest having at least 2 to rotate every other day.
I'm frustrated right now because I know that I won't make it six months with the current sleeve that I have. I must order a new one and soon. But I simply do not want to spend the money to purchase two new sleeves this time only to have to turn around and purchase two more a couple of months down the road.

Seriously? This is for the doggone birds. Its ugly. Its NOT sexy. It takes away from everything you want to wear and look like a normal human being. It causes far more conversation than you're usually in the mood for. Its relatively expensive...

...and I need it. (shrug) So, this is the last of my whining about it. I'll be ordering my new sleeves in a few days. I don't like it. But... that's my life right now.

If you're interested in checking out lymphedivas, this is their site:
http://lymphedivas.com/ 

Honestly, I will likely order from them again -- this time directly from their site.  I used a different site before but after talking to Joel (I think that was his name), I think that ordering directly from them will be the best course of action.  I am generally pleased with my experience. Just frustrated at the trial and error process of everything I have to use on this journey.

Web Statistics