New day... new worries... new hopes




Time for one more surgery on my boobies. I'm not ready. 



I’ve been a little somber these past couple of days. Not exactly sad but quiet. I realized a moment ago that I am grieving a little bit. Friday I go into the hospital for one more surgical procedure on my breasts and when I come out, I will be different. Different isn’t necessarily bad it’s just… well, different.

I wish I could say that I was excited at the prospect of have two totally new and perky breasts. But I’m not exactly thrilled. I am always a little nervous and afraid about going into the hospital and having to be sedated and cut on. It’s really not my favorite thing. But, I am sure that I will be singing a different song afterwards when I can wear shirts without a bra (laugh) and lay down on my back without worrying that I’m going to suffocate myself.  (Big boobies are dangerous that way... LOL)

I am definitely looking forward to buying lots of pretty lingerie for my new girls. Those are the upsides to this procedure. I am happy that the procedure won’t require an overnight visit at the hospital. And I’ve already got my pain pills ready to go (laughs – Percocet, hmmmm). It's just a matter now of getting to the hospital on time and going to sleep. When I wake up, I’ll be as good as new. 

Two years of treatment... we're nearing the end of the road



This isn't me (obviously) but this is what my scarring
looks like. And how drastic the change was. Actually,
mine was more dramatic because my breast was
a bit larger than hers. But still... changes.

So from the summer of 2008 to the summer of 2010… I have put my body through a lot. Lots of medicine, lots of testing, lots of needles, lots of x-rays… and quite a few surgeries on top. But in the end, (and I guess that this is the end)… I’m a new woman, a whole person and cancer-free. And I get to walk away with two perky new boobies and a flat(ter) tummy.

Not a bad exchange. Especially on the cancer-free part.

That's it for now... what's new in your world? 








Web Statistics