National Cancer Survivor's day


Did you know that today was National Cancer Survivor's Day? Hmph. Me neither. (laughs) But it is. The first Sunday in June is the day to celebrate and bring awareness to life AFTER cancer. According to their website, this movement is to acknowledge that life after cancer can be productive and meaningful.

Wow. I am surprised that I didn't know about this before today. I think that next year I should really plan a whole weekend of events for the first weekend in June. So many things go on this weekend in DC -- the race for the cure, the capital jazz fest and now.. national cancer survivor's day -- I think that a planned weekend excursion would be a great way to celebrate life and the joy of living.

Thinking off the top of my head... get a room block at a nice hotel. Invite friends and relatives from all over the country to the city. We participate in the race for the cure early Saturday morning... then drive out to Columbia, Maryland for the day long jazz festival. Head back to the hotel, get changed, grab some food. Repeat on Sunday with the jazz festival... and maybe have a cake and ice cream celebration of another year with no cancer.

Yeah... that's a vision I can work on. :)

Happy National Cancer Survivor's Day!!
National Cancer Survivor's Day link

Web Statistics