Its my BIRTHDAY!


I am blessed to see another year. Two years ago, I wasn't convinced that I'd see this birthday. But here I am. (smile) And what a journey it has been.

I'm back in Miami celebrating with friends (actually I typed up this blog entry the night before I departed and set it to post on my actual birthday - yep, I cheated) but I wanted to take a moment and give thanks to God and to all of my friends and family members for praying me through these past 2 years.

I am so blessed and very grateful for every prayer that was uttered in my name. I have surely been protected by angels along the way. I have received the best medical care and have been supported by my family in ways that I don't think I will ever be able to repay.

There are things that I have lost during this journey but the fact that I am alive to experience more joy makes up for any losses and any sadness.

Since it is my birthday... I am supposed to get a birthday wish, right? Well... I wish for many, many more birthdays. Many, many more days of laughter. Many, many more opportunities to love (to fall in love and to be loved in return). Many, many more days of worrying about insignificant things like... whether I should buy myself cute leopard print shoes. Many, many more days of smiling and laughing and just being silly.

I wish to continue to be here. Present in this moment and awake to the possibilities of everything the world has to offer me.

That is my birthday wish.

Web Statistics