One step forward, two breasts back

A few weeks ago, Nic wrote about her pending TRAM flap surgery and her uncertainty about going through with it.  Well, I'm here to say that even with up-to-the-last-minute doubts, Nicole underwent the twelve hour reconstructive surgery on Wednesday and is faring very well.  When I spoke with her today she was experiencing some pain but had a great sister-friend and an awesome cousin visiting and making her laugh.  I can't begin to describe the feelings and emotions that she's experienced (just over the last five days) with the raw eloquence that she does, so I won't even try.  Anticipating her return to the blog, to describe the latest stop on her journey, will give us all something to look forward to.

I will say-as her friend, her sister, her prayer partner, her ace-thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers.  Being the modest woman that she is, she may remove this blog entry later but since I have the floor now...Nicole is such an amazing, inspirational sister with a story that many don't even know the half of.  The strength that this woman has shown (even in her weaker moments) during her journey with breast cancer has been admirable, to say the least.  I am so proud and blessed to have her friendship and I look forward to growing old together.  Interestingly, while I'll be old and saggy, Nic will be oldER and perky.  Hey, you've gotta try to find the bright spots wherever you can!

Nic, I love ya, girl! And thank you for trusting me with your baby (blog).  And for those who may think that my usage of the term 'raw eloquence' is an oxymoron, you must not have read this sistah's writing.

-Michal

Web Statistics