went to the movies with my baby... and laughed and laughed

Every post can't be a complaint. :)

Last night I went to the movies and saw Soul Men (with Bernie Mac and Samuel Jackson). If you need a good giggle -- and I mean a hearty, from the bottom of your belly kind of laugh -- hurry and go to this movie.

My goodness... I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes. I nearly lost my breath a few times... just because I was laughing so much. This movie was so good, even I started wondering if I could find a bootleg copy on DVD so that my mom could see it. I don't buy bootlegs at all. But since my mother doesn't go to the movies... I was seriously wondering for a moment, if I could find a bootleg copy of this movie to share it with her. (and possibly to watch again during chemotherapy)

I needed to laugh. I needed to be outside of myself and my own misery for awhile. When the movie was over, I wanted to sit and watch it again... I just enjoyed it that much.

I will say this though... it was rather chilly last night. When we were heading home, I was totally taken by surprise at how cold it had gotten last night. Down into the 40's. (WHAT??) Its not winter yet... I wasn't ready for all that.

I have to really get myself together for this weather change. My blood is thinner now than usual -- and I usually get cold easily. I need hats, scarves, gloves... man! Its crazy.

I have chemo on Thursday... I'm already thinking about what I'm going to wear because I have to make sure to dress warmly enough.

Ain't that a blip? Its only November. Sheesh.

lol... but in the grand scheme of things... if making sure that I dress warmly is the biggest concern that I have... I'm definitely doing ALRIGHT.

Go see Bernie Mac. His last movie is a really good one. Plus, Isaac Hayes is in it, playing himself. Black Moses! (head bowed, fist in the air.) Don't do like the folks at the movie theater here though -- this is NOT a kid-friendly movie. The language in this sucker is horrible. The script must have been 80% profanity... just one curse word after another. (but I promise you... it is soooo funny)

No kids. Dress warm. Be ready to have a good time. :)

~Nic

If you have any movie recommendations, please share them. I really could use some laughter...

Web Statistics