Woke up achy and hungry...

I had a grilled cheese sandwich last night that was pretty okay. I really enjoy grilled cheese sandwiches so I was really crossing my fingers that it wouldn't have that same strange taste to me. Now, it did taste a little different but it really wasn't horrible at all.

Yay me. One thing I know I can eat. :)

Yesterday after my injection, the boyfriend dropped me off at the nail salon where I treated myself to a much needed pedicure and a fill-in. Of course, as soon as I stepped out of the truck, I run into two people I know: Rachel Primo and Linda Henderson. It was a great and pleasant surprise.

After my services (Nancy at Golden Nails... very good)... I went over to my old job, National Retail Federation to connect with Linda and others at the office. You ever had a job that you really enjoyed, where the people were nice and you liked going to work every day? National Retail Federation was that for me. One bizarre incident led to my departure (which I won't share here...) but I still have good feelings for the organization. My old boss, Mallory, and I chatted for a long time and I tried to catch him up on the past few years. It was a good visit. So happy I saw my Linda-bird. :)

After that, I stopped around the corner to Sports Tavern (formerly Top Shelf) and had some pasta and that sad ginger ale and water... like I said, the pasta was good, but the drinks I just couldn't do it.

My plan was to hang out until about 7 so I could run over to Zanzibar to the Meetup party. I mean, my groups were there so I thought it would be cool if I joined the party. But I absolutely could not hang on. During the course of my meal, it became apparent that my visiting and pampering had absolutely drained me.

When the achiness comes on me... it starts in my hips. Then it travels to my knees... and up to my shoulders. By the time it reaches my shoulders, I need to be horizontal. Completely. Movements have to be limited and very choreographed.

*sigh*

So... I sent a message to Cozzie, my DCSG super-hero back up and let her know that I just couldn't make it. The hips were giving me the sign that it was time to shut it down. I hope they had a good time last night.

I was in the bed before 8pm.

I received a beautiful bouquet of roses from my cousins in California, Carolyn and John. (smooches!!) Thank you, I'll be calling you later on to say thanks. (I know you don't do blogging...lol) I can't wait until I'm able to come back that way and visit. I haven't seen the new house now that you've moved in. But I hear that its fabulous.

...all in all, including the injection, the blood drawing, the urine tests... the pampering and giggles with Nancy, the visit with Primo and Linda on the street, the visit with Margaret, Sandy, Peggy, Tracy, and Mallory... and the pasta bolognese from Sports Tavern...

it wasn't a bad day to be a sexy, bald chemo girl.

*wink*

Smooches, again to my baby for going with me to the hospital. He's such a darling... I won't trade him for a million dollars.

....we might have a tussle over 100 million though.

Jokes.

Web Statistics