Kind of a cross between a really wicked hangover and being in a car accident...

Not sure how many of you out there enjoy good social libations -- like myself -- but the reason why I'm awake at 6am (woke up at 345 for a potty break...) is because well... I'm not feeling so peppy right now.

I feel like I had one helluva night at a really good bar. Headachy, body achy... bleah. The other closest thing I can describe it as, is how your body feels after a car accident. (I'm talking about an accident where your car protected you from visible injury but you're definitely shook up) A bit achy and out of sorts.

I am so proud that I haven't vomited once. Woo hoo. Something tells me that down the line, this small victory will be necessary for my self-esteem. :) No vomiting, a little nausea, lots of heartburn (not unusual, it happens from time to time)... no diarrhea ... just achiness and a low headache. Oh... and there was some odd tingly feeling in my thumb for a short time. It went away but whatever it is a sign of, Darryl (the boyfriend) was not pleased with my report. Hmmm... so glad it went away. I have NO energy to go to the emergency room.

I will admit that I am walking slowly...and I am definitely not at my perky best. But I am doing alright actually.

Did I mention that the bandages I purchased to cover my stitches from my port implantation BROKE ME OUT!!?? That's another minor part of my misery. I've been scratching like I have fleas for days. I have these lovely squarish outlines of blemished, blistered just funky angry skin surrounding stitches and a port. I can't recall ever being allergic to Band-Aid brand bandages (yeah, that's right, I put 'em on blast)

I have beautiful skin and I'd like to keep it that way... thankyverymuch.

It is a mess. Theresa (my nurse buddy)... took one look and was like... wow... that's not a good look. lol... I don't know what to put on it because its so close to my incision which is still healing. Any ideas out there?

Okay... gonna run. I am tired but I can't freaking get to sleep. And my little tv (which only gets 2 or 3 channels on a good day...) is stuck on the infomercial station. If I see Donald Trump, one mo' time... good gravy.

Hope you have a spectacular day. I'm hoping that my follow up visit to the hospital today... will put a little pep in my step. I am not trying to go through the weekend feeling this yucky. Even if its low-grade, tolerable yucky.

Did I also mention that one of the prescriptions I had filled today is STEROIDS? I am already a fat-azz (yeah, I hate it too but its true)... the steroids issue will have to be discussed. If I gain one more pound, I'll cry. For real.

Web Statistics